The Blahs of Sarah

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year

Wow!  I can't believe that the year 2008 is in its final hours.  Weird.  I remember when it was just a little baby year.  Well, I guess I have to say goodbye to it.  The funny thing about old years is that there are some parts of them that you can't wait to leave behind like really embarrassing moments and regrets, but there are parts of them that you wish you could hold onto forever.  Maybe the best way to begin with a new year is not with a plan to make everything different but to assess what you did right and what you did wrong and plan which parts you are going to hold on to and which parts you are going to change.  
I had some milestones in 2008.
  • I went on my first date.  Ahhhh!  That's right.  On Feb. 7, 2008, I went on a date for the first time.
  • I passed the AP Calc. test.  That was a relief.
  • I flew on a plane by myself for the first time.
  • I got my gal bladder out.  Yuck!
  • I went to Girls State 2008, which was the longest I had ever stayed away from home without anyone I had previously known.
  • I applied for college.
  • I won a poetry contest.
  • I left my number for a waiter.  Long story
  • I played the piano at the funerals of my great-grandma and my grandpa.  It was sad but important.
  • I learned to play guitar hero.
  • I ran a two minute mile (just kidding-maybe next year)
  • I met my goal of being english sterling scholar.
  • I got lost on a bike in California.  Another long story
  • I went on my first date with a guy who asked me instead of me asking him.  It was immensely exciting.
  • I left my cell phone in the guy's cousin's car and had to call him to get it back.  I didn't do it on purpose.  Really
  • I made a blog.
Well, those are my milestones 2008.

No comments: