The Blahs of Sarah

Friday, October 3, 2008

Life Comes at you Fast. Get attitude insurance.

Yesterday at 6:20 in the morning, I lost my mind. I lost it completely. I screamed, banged, kicked, stomped and slammed. It was all for a very valid reason, at least, in my mind at the time. I could not find my special keys. The keys with my jangly key chains that I use everyday were missing. It wasn't that I was worried that I wouldn't find them eventually. I was certain they were in the house somewhere. I just did not want to use the spare, and I let the whole world know that I was mad. I screamed all the way out the door and kept screaming after I got in the car and turned that dreadful spare key in the ignition. My neighbors could probably hear me screaming as I drove down the street.

When I got to school, I said to myself, "Today is going to be a terrible day." That was when I realized that my day did not have to be so terrible. I could actually have a really good day if I tried. I could not control losing my keys, but I could slam on the brakes and make the rest of my day one worth smiling about.


A lot happened during the rest of my day that could have made it a fiasco. I had forgotten my lunch. My ballroom partner was absent, and my gym clothes were wet. Luckily, I had already decided to have a good day. I guess you could say I had attitude insurance protecting my feelings as I stumbled over the mountains that I decided to make into mole hills.


I like my attitude makeover, but I have to warn everyone that it does not come without a price. The premiums can seem extremely costly. It requires laughing in the face of embarrassment, smiling at your family, and shaking off stress, but when life comes at you fast, you'll be relieved to have it.

1 comment:

Becca said...

:) You're amazing! I'm glad you decided to get attitude insurance, coz on days like that I just wanna kick every cat I see.